Ask any marketer and they’ll tell you: the first crucial step in establishing a professional online presence is having a great website. But if you really want to generate leads, referrals and sales – a killer landing page is the answer. Luckily, the Wix website builder makes it easy with completely customizable landing page templates.
Ready to get more eyes on your next campaign? We’ve got you covered.
What Are Landing Pages Good For?
Landing pages look just like any other website but they operate a bit differently. In the online marketing industry, landing pages are used to drive visitors towards conversion by getting them to click through to a specific action. Whether that action is making a purchase in your online store, subscribing to your newsletter, or countless other actions, a good LP can hugely up your chances of success. As opposed to a full-blown website, a landing page is a single page with a highly specific target: getting visitors to click through to your end goal.
What does this actually mean?
- In terms of content, the landing page has one simple message to convey. It promotes the desired action and sticks to explaining the benefits of performing this action.
- The design of the page needs to focus on supporting this objective and nothing else. This also means that the design should be more simple and clean so it doesn’t compete for the viewers’ attention.
- The ultimate goal of a landing page is to make viewers click. Both the design and the text of the page need to reflect that.
- A landing page, as its name may suggest, remains one single page. You can divide it into separate sections but you should stick to just one page, and preferably not a very long one.
- Unless you’re planning on designing your landing page from scratch, make sure you’re using a professional landing page template. This will help ensure that your LP doesn’t only look good, it will also have a strong visual hierarchy that instantly leads your visitors exactly where you want them most.